Today we are going to learn the recipe of Aloo matar or potato peas curry which is called the best Indian dishes. Every Hindustani people had tasted this popular potato dish in any restaurants or hotels. This potato peas curry / aloo matar curry is best liked by common people. As like the name even the dish is very simple to make at home. Lets see how to prepare potato peas curry or aloo matar curry at home recipe.
Preparing time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients required for making potato peas curry recipe
- Oil – 4tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped onions – 2
- Green chillies (chopped) – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Boiled & chopped potatoes – 3
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Garam masala powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Coriander leaves
- Green peas
Process of making potato peas curry or aloo mutter gravy recipe
- Take a cooking vessel or non stick pan on stove and give a medium flame. Add oil to it.
- After oil is hot add cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and fry it till golden brown in color.
- Add chopped green chilies. Stir fry for 4 minutes. Put ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Now add the chopped and boiled potato pieces. Cook the potatoes for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle required amount of salt, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Add green peas or matar in it and mix it well. Now its time to add tomato puree and cook it for 2 minutes. Add red chilli powder and required water. Close the lid and cook it for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Garnish the dish potato peas curry with coriander leaves. Turn off the flame. Tasty potato peas masala curry is ready.
Suggestions and reviews for potato peas / aloo matar curry
- Stir the mixture frequently while cooking it. Don’t deep fry the vegetables, if so the curry fragrance will change off.
- You can add required amount of water for cooking the vegetables. Add salt while cooking the vegetables.
- For increasing the taste of this potato peas curry you can add few drops of lemon juice.
Best ways of serving potato peas curry / Aloo matar masala gravy
Garnish this potato peas curry with ginger pieces and coriander leaves. This curry is best served with meals, pickles, green sauce and yogurt.