Here is a simple and delicious potato fry or aloo fry recipe. This Aloo fry is roasted with less oil. Make a great side dish with potatoes. Step by step procedure and video of making aloo fry at home. Crispy potato fry or aloo fry is a best side for white rice, rasam or with any dal curry. Sprinkle red chilli powder and garam masalas gives a nice flavor to the potato fry. Lets see how to prepare potato fry or aloo fry at home.
Ingredients required for making Potato fry at home
- Potatoes – 4
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Procedure of making potato fry or aloo fry at home
- Take a pan on the stove and add oil to it. Give a medium flame to it and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes in the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add garam masala powder and turn off the flame.
- If required garnish the Aloo fry or potato fry with coriander leaves.