As we know that potato is the only vegetable that can be prepared by mixing with other vegetable. Today we are going to see the recipe of potato along with brinjal. Brinjal is the vegetable that consists of rich vitamins and minerals. Potato brinjal curry is made up of tomato, onions and masalas. Lets see the recipe of potato brinjal curry.
Preparing time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Ingredients required for potato brinjal curry
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Tempering seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 10
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped green chillies – 3
- Red chillies – 2
- Chopped potatoes – 1
- Chopped tomatoes – 1
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt (required)
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Chopped brinjal pieces – 250 grms
- Water – 200 ml
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Process of making Potato brinjal curry
- Take a cooking pan on stove and add oil to it. After oil is hot add tempering seeds and cumin seeds. Let them fry in the hot oil till they turn brown in color. Add curry leaves.
- Now put the chopped onions and green chillies. Fry it for 3 minutes. Add dry red chillies.
- After that add chopped potatoes and tomatoes. Cook this for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder and required amount of salt. Mix it well.
- Add red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste. Mix all the masalas powders well.
- Now its time to add brinjal or eggplant pieces. After adding the brinjal pieces mix it well and cook it for 2 minutes by stirring it frequently. Add water to it and close the lid. Cook it for 5 – 10 minutes more. Open the lid and check the water consistency. If you like the thickness of potato brinjal curry then turn off the flame and garnish the dish with coriander leaves.
- Tasty potato brinjal curry is ready to eat.
Suggestions and reviews
- You can cook this brinjal potato curry by peeling the brinjal vegetable. Its upto your wish.
- If required add green peas.
Best ways of serving brinjal potato curry
- Eat this hot and tasty brinjal potato curry with roti or paratha or white rice.